March has been off to a brilliant start, with a bike birthday party and time trial in the same weekend!
Awesome cycle girls Becky and Louise hosted a fun bike-love celebration for their March birthdays. Despite the rainy weather, a heap of people participated in an adventurous ride to Kakaako waterfront park for a firedance by Louise (with a couple of first-time fire dancers trying their stuff out as well) and then a ride to Cycle Manoa for a pinata smashing and dance party!
Penny trying out fire dancing
Awesome dance party set-up in Cycle Manoa
The AMAZING hand-crafted Hummer pinata that everyone was all too happy to smash!
Smashing the Hummer with bike parts!
There was a even a pool set up in the bike warehouse
Thanks for the super amazing party for 2 awesommmeee cycle girls!
Part 2 of the weekend was the time trial.. a bit more serious (well, sort of……)
The time trial was held at Mokuleia on the North-Western shore of Oahu with a 12.4 mile route. The organizers created a special fixed-gear category, which inspired a rambunctious crew of riders to participate.
A summary of the “seriousness” of the time trial
1. Ted Shred Stops
2. Time trial on riser bars + a whip skid
3. Eilif completing the entire 12 mile time trial by wheelie, shirtless and in terrific spirits
4. The helmet aero-fications by speedo swim cap
5. The helmet aero-fications by dinosaur shower cap
6. New rider Sabrina’s completion of the time trial as the only female participant, complete with riser bars, a hello kitty backpack and a backwards helmet that none of us caught!
All the participants with the head organizer that created the fixed gear category, David Lum
And congrats to the fixed-gear winners!
All in all, an awesome bike weekend in Hawaii!